Friday, September 18, 2009

FIRST POST FOR THE PARACLETE


Why not have a "blog"?  I failed at Facebook, so why not?  I have hesitated to do so, because of time constraints mostly.  I already write for Dynamic Chiropractic magazine, and that has been therapy enough for me...I thought.  Now, my motivations include self-amusement, including the occasional feed-back of my friends and colleagues, and to read the "posts" of anonymous cowards who will be ridiculing anything most anybody has to say.

Speaking of Facebook, my wife signed me up, (as she did with this blog, actually), and I must say it intimidated me.  I have said, "Ok, I know one can use it like a Cool-Guy, but I'm too busy to be a Cool-Guy." I didn't check it for many days after it went "live", so I was surprised to get my first contact:  the younger sister of a girl in high school that I dated twice, and probably hadn't seen since 1966.  I got the high school annual out, and found her picture.  Sure enough, I remembered her, and was flattered that she contacted me, until I noticed that she had about six or seven-hundred "friends".  I now have two Facebook friends, which include my wife and Jan, the younger sister.  But I somehow enjoy learning when Jan is making potato soup, or taking some kind of personality test.

The next post should probably have something about chiropractic or healthcare...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter